STRIP & WAX FLOORS
Strategic Restoration and Maintenance strip & wax floors daily. It has been part of our business for more than 30 years.
To properly strip & wax floors you need to know your floor covering and institute the proper process.
- VCT or Vinyl Composite Tile Flooring is the surface most commonly maintained by stripping and waxing.
- Rubber or Cork floors can be protected using specialized products
- Most other vinyl surfaces like LVT (Luxury Vinyl Tile) typically should not be waxed
First you need to fully remove built up grime and wax to prepare surface for a new acrylic or polyurethane finish to the floor. This stripping process can cause odors that are not pleasant for occupants so proper choice of stripping solutions and machinery can make a big difference. Most often you need to strip & wax floors in hallways, food service areas, bathrooms, classrooms, showrooms and service centers. If these floors are maintained properly they can help add to a healthy, germ free environment.
Depending on the type of floor that the commercial area is fitted with, a different approach may be needed. Furthermore, different type of floors, such as natural stone, tiles, cork and rubber, require a special sealing and finish process. A sealer is a type of coating that will protect the flooring from stains, contaminants, and other types of grime. The sealing process does not only provide an extra layer of protection but also enhances the overall quality of the waxing process. Depending on the type of floor, up to 5 coats of wax may be applied for the best results.
Our experienced technicians are always ready to take on even the most demanding jobs, always working by the highest cleaning standards and under the guidance of the floor manufacturers.
There are two types of finishes that can be used for your floors:
- Is less expensive and less durable than polyurethane
- Will shows signs of wear after a short period of time
- Requires maintenance more often
- Requires a special chemical stripper in order to be removed
- Is more durable (up to five years if maintained correctly)
- Requires less maintenance
- Can be removed without chemical substances
- Is recommended by most floor manufacturers
Contact Us Today for a Free Quote
Call 407-855-8584 or submit a quote request online.